1. Guardians of the Galaxy $17.6M
2. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles $16.8M
3. If I Stay $16.4M
4. Let's Be Cops $11M
5. When the Game Stands Tall $9M
Couldn't care less. Apathy has set in with the scrapheap hitting the cineplex this weekend, late August becoming a dumping ground with kids heading back to school and the rest of humanity squeezing out the last ounces of summer — why should Hollywood actually try? Either will I.
- If I Stay $20.5M (↔) - Apparently this is trending biggish with the YA set.
- Sin City: A Dame to Kill For $15.5M (↓) - Nine years on and we finally get a sequel for the itsy-bitsy crowd who cares.
- Guardians of the Galaxy $14.5M - On track to become highest-grossing film of 2014 stateside, only $28M behind Captain America 2.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles $14M - If not for Obvious Child, my pick for most painful sit of 2014.
- When the Game Stands Tall $10.75M (↔) - Just like Remember the Titans though sans Denzel. Best of luck with that.