Thursday, December 26, 2013
The Projector: Seriously Slammed Edition UPDATE
1. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug $29M
2. Frozen $28.6M
3. Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues $20.2M
4. American Hustle $19.6M
5. The Wolf of Wall Street $18.5M
6. Saving Mr. Banks $13.5M
7. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty $12.8M
Traveling for the holidays, quick one this week as the marketplace is positively slammed with quality product — Oscar season is upon us. Based on the numbers from Christmas Day, Bilbo should make it three in a row with Leo close behind in The Wolf of Wall Street, a movie that cleaned up in our forthcoming Final Cut Finale, all the bests of 2013. Look for it early next week.
1. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug $27M – Some $30M behind its predecessor through first 13 days.
2. The Wolf of Wall Street $24M – Its C CinemaScore isn't the news Paramount wanted to hear.
3. Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues $21.5M – The Local 4 news team appears to have hefty holiday legs.
4. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty $19.5M – Ben Stiller's first film since 2012's financially-disastrous The Watch.
5. American Hustle $17.75M – Nary a drop-off for David O' Russell's directorial gem.
6. Frozen $16.5M – Cracked 2013's top 10 with $210M and counting stateside.