1. G.I. Joe: Retaliation $41.2M ($51.7M 4-day total)
2. The Croods $26.5M
3. Tyler Perry's Temptation $22.3M
4. Olympus Has Fallen $14M
5. Oz: The Great and Powerful $11.6M
6. The Host $11M
After a nine-month delay, those real American heroes known as G.I. Joe finally unleash another all-out assault on the box office with the sequel to their big screen debut, G.I. Joe: The Rise of the Cobra. While it was largely savaged by critics, the '09 release raked some $300M worldwide and helped further Channing Tatum's then burgeoning - now boffo - film career. Tatum's back for the second go-around, even it amounts to a cameo as Magic Mike yields to the WWE champ, The Rock. Unlike its predecessor, don't expect an opening north of $50M, something in the $40-50M range is the target.
- G.I. Joe: Retaliation $41M ($49.5M 4-day) - The Rock needs a cash-infusing career boost after Snitch.
- The Croods $33M - Easter weekend will keep DreamWorks' caveman fam rolling in the dough.
- Tyler Perry's Temptation $19M - Curiosity about Kim Kardashian's acting ability works to Perry's advantage with yet another money maker.
- Olympus Has Fallen $17M - No one saw its $30M bow coming, but after a nasty rash of losers, Gerard Butler will take it.
- Oz: The Great and Powerful $12M - The wizard's banked $185M and counting even if James Franco is infinitely stronger in Spring Breakers.
- The Host $11.5M - Twilight with aliens. Somehow, I missed the screening.