1. Oz the Great and Powerful $42M
2. The Call $17M
3. The Incredible Burt Wonderstone $10.3M
4. Jack the Giant Slayer $6M
5. Identity Thief $4.5M
A David Copperfield/Houdini hybrid couldn't wrest the top spot from Oz this weekend so don't place any bets on Burt Wonderstone and his incredibly lame magic act. But keep this in mind: Comedies typically sell, just ask another tepid-at-best-laughter-attempt Identity Thief 'bout that.
- Oz the Great and Powerful $39M - Going with a +50% slide in the wizard's second frame thanks to weak word-of-mouth. Couldn't break the $80M barrier opening weekend.
- The Incredible Burt Wonderstone $24M - High on this strictly from a financial standpoint, even if it's embarrassingly unfunny.
- The Call $7.5M - Zero buzz for Halle Berry's save-some-girl-from-a-serial-killer thriller.
- Jack the Giant Slayer $4.5M - Between the beanstalk and Cloud Atlas, Warner Bros. took a -$200M+ bath.
- Identity Thief $4M - Crosses the $120M mark this weekend. Ready the sequel.