On the road in NYC this weekend - here are my quick guesstimates:
- The Cabin in the Woods ($23M) - Bullish on this sheer brilliance - should absolutely kill it when it comes to word of mouth. Most maniacal monster movie ever. Here's my 'A' review.
- The Hunger Games ($18M) - Gary Ross is stricken from the sequel which means no ridiculously "shaky" camera for 'Catching Fire' - a pity.
- The Three Stooges ($15M) - Surprisingly humorous with a level of innocence that's quite refreshing. My C+ review is directly below.
- American Reunion ($10M) - Woefully underperformed opening weekend - scheduled to be renamed 'American Ending' when it hits DVD.
- Lockout ($7M) - About time they made a movie about the NFL season we nearly missed. Hold up - it's a sci-fi thriller "starring" Guy Pearce? Are we sure this wasn't supposed to open on Netflix?