I know, I know, it's utterly ungraspable - I have not watched a single frame of any of the 'American Pie' movies. Now while some may find that appalling, I put it like this: it's not of my generation. As de facto president of Gen-X, I can assure you that the 'Pie' series isn't a part of our world. It has no place in a universe largely designed for us by John Hughes. I'll take 'Ferris' over "flute playing" any day of the week.
- American Reunion ($30M) - No one is happier to have this thing in theaters than the cast - aside from Seann William Scott, not a one of them has been on a big screen in eons.
- Titanic 3D ($28M) - Being bullish on the sinking ship - saw significant lines in the lobby Wednesday afternoon on the way out of my 'Bully' screening.
- The Hunger Games ($27M) - District 1-12's two week totals: $263M domestic - $110M overseas as contentious talks continue to bring director
Gary Rossback for the sequel.
- The Wrath of the Titans ($14M) - Those 'Hunger Games' hacked Perseus to pieces - opened a good $10-15M less than studio expectations.
- Mirror Mirror ($10M) - As mentioned one week ago, Julia Roberts needed a hit and she didn't get it - curse you Katniss!