It's the most flashy recruitment attempt ever as 'Act of Valor' hits screens this weekend. Made with the Navy's full cooperation and participation, the film of actual SEALs rolling through training exercises should do some serious damage at the B.O. considering it was made for a fraction of the budget of the typical action flick.
- Act of Valor ($21M) - Decent buzz on this one, even if the reviews are tepid. The young male demo should saturate the take and make for a massive profit after its first three days.
- Good Deeds ($20M) - Don't ever bet against Tyler Perry - the guy has banked more than $500M at the box office over the past six years.
- Wanderlust ($13M) - Going against the prevailing predictions and betting that Jen Aniston fans will flock to see the flick that ignited the flame for her current "relationship".
- Journey 2: The Mysterious Island ($12M) - Still the lone family flick in play.
- Safe House ($10M) - Denzel (with the Green Lantern) has raked $85M in his first three weeks.