Ricky Gervais didn't kill it at the Golden Globes this year but the guy to the left certainly did. Seth Rogen's quip about standing next to
- With 'The Artist' and 'The Descendants' winning their respective best motion picture Globes - it's shaping up to be a proverbial two horse race at the Oscars - exactly as expected. I'm still going with 'The Artist' taking Oscar but it's going to be insanely tight.
- Best Director looks to be a two-party-race too - the winner last night, Martin Scorsese versus Michel Hazanavicius (The Artist). Let's just hope the Academy does the right thing and adds Nicolas Winding Refn (Drive) to the mix - the deserved winner.
- Good to see Michelle Williams get recognized for her brilliant performance as Marilyn Monroe - Meryl Streep is a mortal lock at the Academy Awards where of course there is no category split.
- Kudos to the Hollywood Foreign Press for picking George Clooney over Brad Pitt - Clooney is nearly as big a lock at the Oscars as Streep is.
- Add another name to the lock-list: Octavia Spencer of 'The Help' - without question the finest performance by a female in a supporting role.
- Having seen both 'Drive' and 'Beginners' - Albert Brooks is at least Christopher Plummer's equal - would be fitting if Brooks took the Oscar for the supporting split.
- Finally a memo to Sarah Michelle Gellar: wearing an ink-plattered tent to get people talking about you borders on pathetic - you're better than that.