- Paranormal Activity 3 ($38M) - Seeing as the first sequel went for $40M the same weekend one year ago - expect more of the same from a flick that's exactly that - more of the same.
- The Three Musketeers ($12M) - Good to see Orlando Bloom stretching his acting range well beyond his 'Pirates' work.
- Real Steel ($10M) - These boxing bots have stamina in spades.
- Footloose ($9M) - What else are tweens going to spend their allowances on?
- Dolphin Tale ($6M) - Continues to corner the family market until that 'Puss' character claws into cinemas.
- Margin Call ($5M) - Massive disappointment given the cast - read my review below.
- Johnny English Reborn ($4M) - Someone wake me when Rowan Atkinson's act becomes humorous.
Friday, October 21, 2011
The Multiplex Projection
What a bust it's been at the box office - business down 32% last weekend from the same weekend in 2010. But the MP sees a massive uptick in profits thanks to a third appearance by that paranormal poltergeist: