- Applications to be Ryan Fitzpatrick's agent have soared some 17,000% - the kid from Harvard is due a new contract by next season - Buffalo is about to break the proverbial bank for a guy who is on his way to becoming the Bills first superstar since Jim Kelly.
- The chances are fairly good that if you have two picks at the top of the draft, one will be a bust - but Detroit appears to have two centerpieces. Ndamukong Suh is already the most dominant DT in the game and now Matt Stafford is playing like a Pro Bowler - that is - if the glass lion can stay healthy.
- The Bears are once again the Bears - an slightly above average team - and hey, it only took two weeks to confirm that.
- Josh Freeman woke up just in time to save the Bucs but Tampa is still nothing better than an average football team stuck with a suspect defense.
- Where are those "Cam Newton is a bust" idiots these days?
- Congrats to Tennessee for busting-up those office pools and Baltimore for one of the most bizarre week-to-week failings ever.
- The MMLT called it last week - Philip Rivers is the runaway winner of the most overrated player in football.
- Someone tell that guy from Michael Irvin's reality show to at least attempt to "act like you've been there" next time around.
- The Falcons can thank a concussion for not being 0-2 - not Matt Ryan.
- Indianapolis is wretched - with or without Peyton Manning. Yes, Kerry Collins is 106 years old and has no business still taking snaps but it's not like a healthy Manning would have the Colts marginal talent in the Super Bowl.
- Kansas City is the nadir of the NFL - "offensive guru" Todd Haley is set to be fired by the end of next week - just before halftime in San Diego next Sunday is a solid bet.
- Miami and Jacksonville are utter messes - give me Brandon Marshall and MJD and you can have the other 104 players.
Monday, September 19, 2011
With one rather lame matchup left - Week 2's takes: